Followers

24 Apr 2011

Configurations. Birthday style

Hi all

well the great weather has not done much for my crafting but I felt very guilty after a few people at the craft club yesturday (great to see you all) said I had not blogged for a wee while sorry all, I have put in extra work today promise!!!!

My little boy Logan is going to be 7 very soon and I have decided as many of you want to do a Tim Holtz configuration bax but don't want to alter it too much, to do a happy Birthday one. This would make a great gift or fancy card? Or even be geat for a birth of a baby.
I have done a 7 year old boy one here it is!!!



As you can see this is the first part done with all the inner boxes removed. I have distressed the edges with cut and dry and distress ink, in Weathered wood and Shabby shutter. I have chosen some paper from my stash and a little photo of Logan.



This is the second step, for this I have cut strips of the yummy paper to fit on all the outer edges and the back of the confiuration box.



This is the Third step and the last I am going to blog today you will all have to come back tomorrow to see the final bits. For this I have added two configuration boxes to the bottom, a small and rectangle one. for the small box I reversed it and added a picture on the front then went round it with spiced marmalade distress ink, this time with a dreamweaver brush. Then I cut and glued paper strip to the inner parts of the rectangle and distressed the edges to create a rusty look with Spiced Marmalade again.

So hope you all like and will pop back tomorrow to see what the rest looks like. Don't forget you can follow us on Facebook too where Ali has some offer codes!!!!

Love and Bugsxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment