Followers

18 May 2014

Prima Tag Note Book.

Hi Bloggers  Angela here, pleased you were able to pop along to see my third project made using the Cartographer Paper Pad by Prima.

And here is the product I made.

                                                             The Front.
You can just see some of the inner pages which I decorated using the stamp that Ali sent me.
The only extra things used were the ribbon, white paper and the dome stickers.


And the Back.


Having made this I quite fancied a wallet to store it in and made it using the Faux Leather technique that many of you will have seen Sheena Douglas use.
However instead of using plain craft card, I did it on a sheet of the card from the pad.
And here it is.
The pocket is stamped on unbleached calico fabric and then sewn on to the card during it's construction.



To Make this :

  • Spray the card with the glycerin/water mixture to soften it and keep crinkling the paper and reapplying the glycerin until you get the effect that looks like chamois leather.
  • You need to be careful that it doesn't rip, but the odd cut doesn't matter as it is lined inside.
  • Allow it to dry a little and then go over it with any brown distress ink which will be picked up by the creases.
  • I have used an an embossing folder with mine but that is up to you.
  • You should then seal the ink using a spray glue or apply one with a brush this also serves to strengthen the card.
  • I stamped a large piece of calico big enough to line the inside and make a pocket. I glued the lining to the inside before putting the whole thing together.
  • The back section is longer than the front to allow for the flap.
  • I attached metal fasteners and then joined everything together by machining them.
  • As I had a little of the card left over, I also made two tags which can be seen in the pocket.
  • I have several photographs showing more detail in the manufacture of this product and if you are interested please visit me at Felix the Crafty Cat blog where I have posted them.
Hope you enjoyed this project and I will be back with my final offering next week.

Happy Crafting,
Angela x



1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful project Angela, made all the better I think by having the wallet to store it in. I just love that hot air balloon! Anne x

    ReplyDelete