Followers

23 Dec 2011

X-mas is nearly here....

Hi all

Well firstly I would like to thank you for your lovely comments on the Christmas cards. Put a smile on my face after a very very long day. So Thanks.

I have been baking some home made gifts. Some yummy Swedish cookies. They are very very festive with not too many ingredients. So Logan and Paige helped and the recipients were very happy. Here is the recipe kindly given to me by Nina.



Recipe:

100g Sugar
150g Golden Syrup
1 teaspoon cardamon(pods crushed and shell bits removed)
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
125g butter
1 egg
550g plain flour

mix and crush the spices, add the sugar, syrup and spices to a pan and boil.
cool down
Add the soda
Add melted butter, egg and flour.
This should be cooled over night, but I am too inpatient for that I rolled added a little more butter if needed and cut into heart shapes. I then put into a hot oven until browned (about 7 mins) The mixture needs to be rolled out thinly.

A very yummy gift. And I have added a cake I also made. So I have been busy kitchen crafting.

Love and Bugs and a very Merry Christmas xxxxx


yummy cake

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh yummy scrummy. Thank you for the recipe too. Lee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a fab Christmas and all the Best for 2012

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete