Followers

8 Jul 2013

Doo Lally Pip Creation by DT member Barbara


I've been playing again................

With the delightful Doo Lally Pip stamps by Lindsay mason.

For this months Ali-Craft design Team creation, I have chosen to use this stamp set, it is called Time Travel.

Ali-Craft have a large selection of the fabby Doo Lally Pip Stamps available from the website (just click on highlighted ali-craft link above)

Christmas Doo Lally stamps will be available this week on the website, and at Summer Crafting show at Doncaster




Time Travel




Here is my completed card for you.








Love the glossy Accents.


Now if you would like to recreate this card, here is a list of what I used.



Doo Lally Pip Clear stamps "Time Travel"
Cream Card
Brown Card
Kraft Card 
Distress Paints in  the following colours Antique Linen, Walnut Stain and Broken China.
Archival Ink in Coffee
Prima 6 x 6 "Engraver" paper Pad
Glossy Accents
Prisma Pencils and Gamsol  (Odourless Mineral Spirits)

Take your cream card and trim it to 4.5 x 5.5 inches.

With the Antique Linen Distress Paint, give the card a generous coat and let it dry, you can give it a blast with a heat gun to speed the process up. once this has dried grab your broken china distress paint, and gently swipe the paint top over your card, ensuring not to press too hard as  we are looking for a random look! if you find you have put too much on, don't panic, grab a wet wipe and clean the paint off and try again.
Now the final colour the Walnut Stain, yes I know it is dark colour but with a gentle swipe it is not so in your face IYKWIM, I gave a couple of swipes on the main body of my card, then I went for the corners, if you notice my corners are more smoother looking. How did I achieve that I hear you ask. All I did, was to rub the paint into the surface after I had applied it, this smoothed out those drag marks and blended it in more.

For the image, I stamped it onto Kraft coloured card and a second image onto a piece of patterned paper from the Prima Engraver pad. I then coloured his Hair, Hat and Trousers using my Pencils and Gamsol, then I fussy cut him out and his Coat from the patterned paper.

On your painted piece of card stock, I stamped the Watch image using Archival ink in coffee. Randomly all over, then heat set it to dry the ink.

Stamp the verse onto scrap Kraft card in the coffee ink and cut out each word.

Now time to assemble.

Adhere your main image onto your Painted and Stamped card front, then adhere his coat as well, place the cut out words where you would like them to be stuck, when you are happy with the placement, stick them down, I used glossy accents, as this gives a bit of wiggling room!
As a final touch I stamped the screw heads along the bottom and covered them in Glossy Accents, I also added a bit to his glasses and watch on top of his hat. this is then ready to mount onto a card blank.


I hope you like this card, if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Happy Crafting


Barbara

4 comments:

  1. Ah Barbara, just fabulous! Love the image and colours, reminds me of the mad doctor in 'Back to the Future' with Michael J Fox lol hugs Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous and sure looks like a great stamp set. Great colours. Love the glossy accents
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really gorgeous, love these fun stamps and the gorgeous colours and the 3d glaze looks fab too
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete