Followers

29 Jul 2013

Prima Doll Challenge

A big Welcome to Becky who is our guest designer for July.
Iain and I met Becky and her husband Keith a few years ago at a craft show, they are such a lovely couple, who we always look forward to seeing.

Pop over to her blog and give her a big welcome, hope to see lots more of her work in the future
http://becky-bailey-blog.blogspot.co.uk/




Hi all I am Becky and I like to say thank you to all at Ali-Craft for asking me to be a guest designer.I have never done this so hope I do it right.
I am afraid I didn't take pictures as I went along so will remember that next time.

This is the stamp I used.


Here is my card 



I started with a kraft card as the base. I then cut some black card slightly smaller than the base card and then a smaller piece of kraft card. I stamped the Prima Doll on right hand side then stamped Tim Holtz ruler down left hand side using Archival Ink and some others of Tim's stamps randomly on card with walnut stain ink. Gave the stamped doll a bit of colour using Promarkers I also added a few measurements to image I then edged all around with walnut stain distress ink. Then using a mannequin from Craftwork Cards stamp a text on it and coloured with walnut stain. I then stamped  doll again on one of the tags I was sent with stamp. I then cut out the skirt and also cut of the lace around the hem I coloured the skirt with Promarkers  I then put some proper lace along the bottom and around the waist attached it to the card on right hand side added a flower to the top of mannequin.I then stamped the word inspire on a piece of the tag put it into a metal frame and attach to bottom left hand corner.I have enjoyed doing the challenge and the stamp stamps beautifully every time.

I hope I haven't confused you and look forward to the next challenge I do.

         Thank you
                  Becky  x

5 comments:

  1. Wow Becky, love how you have used the stamp, such a fab idea. Great colours too! hugs Heidi x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky has sent this card to me, it is so detailed, every time you look at it you see something else.

    Love how Becky has used the stamp for the background, makes me think of an old clothes pattern
    Great work
    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Becky, great use of the stamps xx

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful use of the stamp, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work Becky - I love what you have done xx

    ReplyDelete