Followers

21 Jul 2013

Prima Dolls

Please give a big Welcome to Angela, our new design team member.
Angela has been crafting for many year, but is new to blogging, so please pop over and follow her in blog land x 


Hi Blogging Friends this is Angela from Felix the Crafty Cat, pleased to be here.
For the next few weeks the Design Team Project will be Prima Dolls.
This is my first entry as a Design Team Member for Ali-Craft so I hope you will be gentle with me lol!

I have been really impressed with these stamps, they give a very clear impression and are fun to use.
Though great images in their own right , they are begging to be altered. So here goes!

This is my completed tag and this is the stamp I received.


Ali also sent us some of the Prima Tags. 
I started the design by adding a crackle effect to part of one of these tags.


I then used a Sizzix embossing folder to give more texture


and added colour with Worn Lipstick Distress Ink and Big and Juicy Waterfall ink pad. I do so love layers!


I stamped the doll on white text card, her dress, several times onto some new Steampunk Spells by Graphic 45 and on some hand sprayed paper.
 

Next, I layered the sections of the dress to create a 3D effect.


I then turned the dress over and using an embossing tool, shaped the bodice.

Everyone knows that a fashionable Steampunk follower needs a top hat and I used a Judikins stamp to create this.


I stamped this on paper I had sprayed with Cosmic Shimmer.


More detail added with a Prima Mask.


Sorry I did tell you I liked layers! and this time I used parchment, folded and placed onto the Tim Holtz Gadget Gears so that some parts of the folds are not cut which gives a circle of joined gears.


I placed this between a Tim Holtz embossing folder.


I used some die cut keys from Maya Road and distressed these with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Powders.


And here is the finished design.
I used Aquamarkers for the shading on her body, legs and arms.
The sentiment is a Dylusions Stamp.
There are Spellbinders die cut gears and the ribbon, clock, metal gear and corner completed the tag.

I hope you have enjoyed my first posting and I look forward to coming back with more offerings.
Angela x

6 comments:

  1. Really great idea you have used to bring the tag together, FAB ! :)
    Von ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Big Welcome Angela to Ali-Craft Design Team

    You have done a wonderful 1st project, lots of details and colour
    Love the tag

    look forward to seeing more of your work
    ali x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Angela,

    Wow what a fab tag you have created, I love it and all of the layers as well.

    Looking forward to seeing what you come up with next.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the steampunk treatment - great tag.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. smashing tag, loving the stamp and how you used it, Annette x

    ReplyDelete