It's time for the next round of Design Team projects and I am here to kick it off with the Steampunk Spells Stamp Set 1.
These are definitely my sort of stamp and I have had fun working with them.
I have used a few other things and couldn't resist including some of the Graphic 45 papers.
If you go over to my blog you can see some of the samples I made whilst playing around with these stamps.
I decided to use Mega flakes amongst other things which are also available from the Ali-Craft shop.
Here is the front of the finished card.
This is the insert of the card which has been made with the Sizzix Pop and Cut die.
Stash requirements for making.
Graphic 45 Paper Steampunk Spells.
Indigo Blu Mega Flakes and Flitter Glue.
Clear embossing powder.
Black Soot distress Ink.
Brilliance Ink pad.
3D Clear Glaze.
Deckled edged scissors.
Spellbinders Deckled dies.
Cottage Cutz Spiders Web die.
Sizzix Pop and Cut die.
Tim Holtz Steampunk on the edge die.
Brads and Gems.
First cut the backings for the card as shown and trim the edges of the black card with the Tim Holtz Edge Die.
Next stamp the flourish from the stamp set 3 onto the insert sheet.
To complete the bottle, stamp two onto orange paper and cut the front section from one bottle.
Attach the cut part to the complete bottle and rub over Perfect Medium, dip into Utee and heat emboss. I repeated the embossing three times to give the bottle shape.
You can also see the Love Potion Tag which is stamped with Flitter Glue and finished with Mega Flakes.
I am always surprised at how clear the words are when using the flakes.
Next cut the spiders web using the Cottage Cutz die.
This will be attached to the insert.
You can see on the picture below that I have added glaze to the watch face and attached it to the pop-up.
Just had to show you this, even with the Mega Flakes, the stamped image is so clear.
Stamped and gilded the wings and then cut them out ready to go onto the insert.
The wings were placed under the Something Wicked tag.
The front cover has the bottle attached and the mat and layered topper with the Steampunk Spells text on top to complete it.
Finish with brads before attaching.
Everything was completed with a selection of gems.
Hope you enjoyed looking at this as much as I enjoyed making it and that you will be tempted to have a go with these stamps.